SEO, as a result of the pandemic, has become one of the most demanded services in the world of digital marketing. This is because it focuses on the organic positioning of brands, that is, it allows them to earn a positive reputation in search engines without having to pay for an ad. For this to happen, content is paramount. How to create compelling content? We share five very useful steps to achieve it.
Sounds good, right? SEO is a whole field of study and it would be very ambitious to try to address everything that this involves in a blog article, that is why this time I will focus on a very important aspect for your brand to be positioned organically: the content.
I’m going to “share my screen” with you for a moment to show you the conclusion I came to, after asking myself this question: How to create irresistible content for brands ?:
Yes! Before moving on, ask yourself, what do I want to achieve by positioning my brand in search engines? I share some examples: win new customers, generate more sales, get more subscribers to a newsletter, gain more prospects.
2. Target audience
This is an essential step, the more you get to know your audience, – that portion of the population that needs your product or service and may not yet know you-, the more certain you will be at choosing what is and what isn’t relevant and useful content.
According to Neil Patel (I agree with him), you should ask yourself these key questions to get to know your audience better:
- Who are they? (age, gender, geographical region)
- What are your greatest difficulties, problems or wishes?
- Where do they find the information they need on a daily basis?
- What is the benefit of your product?
- What catches their attention?
- Who do they trust?
People, when browsing the internet, normally have three types of intentions: to inform themselves, to browse to compare and research and to make purchases (transactional). How to accompany your audience from when they need information until they decide to buy? I share a conversion funnel focused on the path that a user follows through their intentions:
3. Communication manual
What can and what can’t your brand say? Is your brand closer in digital media than in offline media? In addition, it is essential that you know the voice and tone of your brand, because only then you will have clarity on how to speak to your target audience.
4. Digital Ecosystem
To know what to say, you have to listen to what happens in three relevant spaces for a brand:
- Your own space: your home, that is, the digital properties of your brand (website, application, social networks)
- The space gained: everything that happens “outside the house” and that is directly related to the reputation of your brand. For example: search trends for your brand, comments about your brand in directories or product reviews.
- Market: the signals we receive from abroad that have to do with the market in which you develop. For example: search trends for certain products or product categories in search engines.
The result of this step is to identify which topics turn out to be relevant to your audience and which also coincide with the interests of your brand.
Once you decide what to say and where, it is very important to know how well you are doing, that’s why I share common indicators according to the conversion funnel:
I hope this information helps you get closer to your audience and achieve that goal you have in mind, from a better positioning to the growth in your sales. Do not forget that SEO is a vast field of study and with many edges, I invite you to also read this blog post: “The ABC’s of successful SEO strategy”.
If you need help with SEO, don’t hesitate to contact us.